Over thinker

Somehow he survived those 3 hours in the exam hall,reconciling between what he prepared since days to vomit on answer sheet and what he experienced just before entering in the room. And he did it to an extent.

As a friend,I always admired this quality of Ishan, managing things better when it needed to be.

His affection and love for her started way before this event. When he told me first time,I thought,it would be a mere physical attraction,he will overcome it in a fortnight or so,but I was wrong...

After the exam on that day,he asked her(although virtually),how was the exam?and got normal reply,but still he was not settled with what he experienced.  

It wasn't first time when he text her, neither her reply. Still, texting her always made him anxious and fumbling,like he is facing a big challenge. I didn't get it,why he was afraid of this thing so much.

He used to wait for her answer keenly,as far as I know, replies never contain anything more than a word or two. Chetan and I often forced him to show us the conversation,but he denied,saying it is the only emotional link he is having with her and he doesn't want anyone to come in between and steal the magic of his love for her.

What a silly fellow!!


According to Chetan,Ishan doesn't understand things only by gestures,he is that kind of person and to whom he liked by his fate is the one who doesn't even say a word extra to what has been asked,so what to do now? ?

This is what I perceived from the whole story narrated...

Ishan brought that confusion to home with him along with the over burdened mind as always. The eternal questions,what if I do? What if she doesn't? How to approach this?Am I thinking wrong? Am I doing anything wrong? What if she is already engaged with someone?Blah blah blah....

He is not so under confident on academic or professional front,it was bit unrealistic to believe that he is thinking so much!

When my holidays started I went home to see, both of them have reached home couple of days ago as their holidays came earlier than mine.

 One fine day,I received call from Chetan when I was asleep. I felt bit irritated as it was disturbing my sleep but I picked it up. He asked me to come over after some time, I agreed and we met.

Fortunately or unfortunately,We three were together,me-Chetan-Ishan,and Ishan asked me, "Bhava,shall I propose her?" After a pause Chetan and I started laughing,Chetan said,"why are you asking him like he have had 3-4 relationships in the past?"

After this, we both took his question and Chetan's answer easy and resumed laughing and sharing our academic and personal experiences,Ishan was only physically present and his mind went away from that place,don't know where. 

He was just hearing our meaning less chitchat, not listening,I smelled something fishy but I thought,it will be cured easily if we meet 2-3 times in the vacation period. Again.....I was wrong! 

He stood up from the place,moved four five steps away,with some confidence and unknown fear in his eyes,he took a long breath. And then came a question which shook us(Chetan and I)like nothing...

He said,"Guys,listen...."

After a pause of couple of seconds,he continued

"How can I make her believe that I want to be with her for rest of my life?"



To be continued.....




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frustration

The Flashback...Beginning