Unanswered...
He never thought of tomorrow while reading her replies, he always lived the moment when he received any text of her. I can't figure it out what he gained from that, but it was his thing so nobody can perceive it other than him. Regardless of anything, he was happy for a while...
But his happiness didn't last for long, again he was all alone with his of thoughts maintaining distance and convincing him own self to move back. Actually these are the things I know, how many times he thought of moving back, but exactly how many times he had such thoughts, the really count is still with Ishan and I am pretty sure it is a big number.
He was thinking to propose her for a moment and stepping back in another, don't know, why?
Calendar pages were turning and his stifling continued when he came home due to pandemic. He came a week early. When I came after a week, he told me all these things and I started abusing him for behaving like a imbecile. But as a friend, Chetan and I, cheered him up and adviced him to stay hopeful for the coming days. We both assured him that he will have a chance to meet her and have word with her, he needs to get out of his fear of facing and maintaining eye contact with her, but we both were wrong this time....
He was on this hope for some days but as calendar started turning again, we realized, Ishan lost all his chances and now there is no hope for him to confess his heart out. We met him again and again to know what is going on his mind and till today, there is no discussion is complete without her mention when he is talking.
He tried to ping her for a couple of time, thinking, he can say what he wanted to, but he hasn't gathered that courage.
After so many months, he is still entangled with her thoughts, I often think, what is so special in her that Ishan can't get over of? There are so many other girls in this world and she is definitely not the last one on this planet to think so much about her. Though I haven't seen her, but she must be looking like every other girl then why Ishan is so intertwine with her? And that too, when he hasn't even made an eye contact with her in this whole lifetime!! Really strange...
This one side love is totally stupid thing and I am convinced with it now. A person like Ishan comes across a face and that's it! That's where the problem begins, he loses all his senses and revolves around that face only, in this case it is more than serious as he is not able to forget her even after such a long time.
I really feel downhearted for Ishan. I never said this to him because I don't want him to feel disheartened. But I often feel, there is one thing which is the saddest of all...that winter morning
Ishan, Chetan, me, nobody will ever get to know what happened on that day. And that's the most heart wrenching thing. Why she was standing at a distance of less than a meter from Ishan that day when she used to rush away from the places where she encountered him since starting? What was the thing, her eyes wanted to reveal? What was that situation which compelled Ishan to fumble? What was it?
What? and Why?
This why will be unanswered for Ishan and for everybody of us till some magic happens and we get to know what exactly it was?
I wouldn't have felt sad if Ishan was clear with the answer if question, what she feels? This suspense is horrific and unbearable at the same time. This suffering of Ishan is very very personal, as a friend I can feel sorrowful for him but I can't help him in sharing this pain. Same with Chetan...
All these things I penned down here till now is Ishan's story in my own words, but at this open end of the tale, I am putting Ishan's words...
"Do you ever wonder if the universe wonders about you too? If stars spend the night watching you dream and remind themselves their lover is looking at the same pair of closed eyelids and slightly chapped lips? Trees breathe in your carbon dioxide and fight for your life. Afternoon winds listen to the sound of your footsteps to calm down; sometimes they even linger close enough to touch you. Birds catch you walking to work and marvel over your black, silk-like hair and your best friend's auburn waves. The entire sky converses daily of whether or not you are smiling today, tries to forecast if perhaps tomorrow they'll get to see the light in your eyes again. Rains fall hard on days you need it to hide the sound of your pain, thunders rumble in the name of your heartache, and the sun comes out in the hopes of erasing your scars. Do you ever think that there are countless entities that wake up every time you cry? That they bend over backwards to guard a future in which you are happy? Because I do. No matter how dark it gets, I find myself assured that you will be okay, because you're you. Every time I look at you, I believe that everything loves you.
I hope one day you can look in the mirror and see it too."

Comments
Post a Comment